I Have a John Deere. Can I Use a Standard Cross Hydraulic Valve?

Can I Use A Standard Valve?

All Cross Manufacturing SBA hydraulic valves are convertible to closed center by installing a closed center plug(#1V0206) and no relief plug (#1R0035) as shown in literature shipped with the valve. (See Closed Center Conversion)

Valves may also be ordered already converted to closed center - such as the SBA2-CC featuring a tighter spool fit. (AD/SA and SDV valves are also convertible)

Quick Refresher:

Open Center:

  • Constant flow in neutral
  • No pressure in neutral

Closed center (no relief in valve):

  • No flow in neutral
  • Constant (Stand-by ) pressure in neutral